MVBC COVID Policies
The health and safety of our community and our members is our top priority. MVBC routinely monitors the COVID guidelines provided by the CDC and our local health officials, and we’ve established the following policies for use during group rides.
COVID guidelines are in a constant state of flux, so these are subject to change and currently
apply to everyone regardless of vaccination status.
1. If you have any COVID symptoms, do not attend a group ride.
2. The greatest risk for virus transmission is while congregating before and after rides. Therefore, participants must either wear a mask or maintain social distancing of six feet before and after each ride.
3. Since there are times when social distancing is not possible during a
ride, all riders must have a mask with them available for use during
unexpected repairs and stops, and when entering stores for fluids/food.
4. If the need arises to blow your nose or spit, you must move to the back
of the group to ensure no one rides through the droplets.
5. When staging for the time trials, all participants including timers and
support personnel must have a mask on. Time trial riders may take off their mask immediately prior to their start.
6. Post-ride refreshments will not be provided by MVBC. Members can organize their own post-ride get-togethers.
We understand that everyone has a different comfort level. You are welcome to employ
additional protection, for example, riding with a mask on.
Updated April 2021